Saturday, June 08, 2002

Testing. Ok, Pro-1 is publishing again now.
Yesterday was one of those days. One of our employees had a 40-year-old son who had succumbed after a long battle with juvenile diabetes. Lynn and I had to represent the company at the funeral. It was so sad. His mom and dad had invested so much into trying to get him back on his feet: the father had even been trying to give him his kidney, despite the fact that he had had a stroke and heart attack himself. But it was not to be.

I got back from the funeral in time to join up with the posse at the Chili Cook-Off down at the Riverside. Woohee! We got into it, and mouths were soon aburning.

Unfortunately, we forgot to watch the time, so we missed Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. The later showing was sold out already, too, so we ended up seeing Bad Company. This wasn't all bad: Chris Rock is too funny! And I liked seeing the USA saved by an old white guy who can't run very fast and a hip young goofy black guy.